This year has seen the booze connoisseurs grappling with the on/off situation vis-à-vis bars & restaurants. Home quarantine and social distancing have become the new normal on the globe and mankind has spent nearly entire year staying at home.
Leisure time at home gave drink lovers time for some experimenting with the bounty in their private bar racks. While restrictions on bars & restaurants have been re-enforced in the town, we have curated a list of some activities you can indulge in the comfort and safety of your home to know your booze better and innovate with it.
1. Did you know that cheese enhances the sensitiveness of your palate before you sip your favorite wine? There are some unspoken rules while pairing that block of cheese with a wine. Learn the art here.
Pairing Cheese with Wine: 6 Tips to Know
It is said that wine palates become more sensitive when a wine is paired with cheese. For centuries, sommeliers and wine lovers have combined wine and cheese to create one of the world’s most famous food pairings.
2. Now that you are once again united with your vodkas at home, here is how you can conjure some sprightly vodka cocktails!
7 Best Vodka Cocktail Recipes
Vodka is wonderfully versatile and blends superbly well with most ingredients. It’s clear, clean taste is a fantastic companion to practically all flavors, from sweet to savory, dry to tangy. It is hugely preferred and is incorporated in a host of cocktail recipes, imparting piquancy and zest! Within the wide-ranging list of vodka drinks, here are a few that really stand-out and are the darling choice of a majority!
3. While you are lounging in couches & bean-bags at home, here is 5 minute primer for you on how to correctly store liquor at home!
Liquor: Storing It Right At Your Home
Whether it is an occasional nightcap or cocktail party, or ending up with bottles of this or that on your anniversary, storing liquor can be bit of a challenge if you are unaware how to store different kind of alcohol at home. After all, you need your bottles to last long! So it is only good that you are armed with the information for proper storage of liquor at home.
4. Restrictions at bars and restaurants begins again and here is your chance to be-GIN with the best gin brands you must try at the earliest.
10 BEST GIN BRANDS YOU MUST TRY
It is no exaggeration to say that sipping an exquisite gin is like savoring an entire botanical garden in your glass … with ice! A number of botanicals go into crafting a good gin, and that’s reflected well in the flavor.
5. Do whisky terms in a bar sound like gibberish to you? Graduate in the language of Whisky while staying at home and then you can impart your Whisky knowledge to your bar buddies when bars re-opens.
A Guide To Whisky Terms Everyone Should Know
If you’re not too familiar with the nuances of whiskey buying and don’t know where to start, fear not, we’re here to help you get indoctrinated. It’s not too complex to start treading the path of whiskey appreciation, and of course, with more time and more sampling, your knowledge will only improve.
6. Margaritas, Tequinis and Sunrises are loved in general by every true tequila aficionado. We have curated recipes of some more tequila cocktails for you here!
Best Tequila Cocktail Recipes
Made from the blue agave plant, the versatile tequila has a cult following! Adding a splash of fiery tequila instantly takes a drink from monotonous to delicious; and gives it a piquancy and distinctiveness. Can be served neat, but tequila works wonderfully well in a fruity cocktail; and what’s more, a sassy garnish promises loads of fun for when you’re entertaining!
7. How do world renowned whiskies feel on the palate? How enticing are they? This leisure time at home is the perfect opportunity to find it out firsthand!
Sip On The Best Scotch Whisky Brands
A rarity cherished with a passion by whisky lovers, Scotch whisky in Hong Kong is evergreen, never out of season. Premium Scottish whiskies like Johnnie Walker, Chivas Regal, Glenlivet and many more are savored with relish among Hong Kong whisky shop patrons.
8. Wines are tricky to craft for sure, but storing them for the long term and sipping them properly can be a challenge very different altogether. Here are two cents from the expert for you!
How To Store Your Wine And Drink It Too
The sweltering heat and a lockdown like situation because of COVID-19! Oh, the beaches, the brunches, the sun and the bubbles. We do miss them. Well, we cannot bring you the beach but we can certainly get you some FANTASTIC wine to help you create the right atmosphere at home. Read on to know how you should store it during Hong Kong’s hot and humid summer.
9. Ever tried your hand at the Whisky Sour? Craft this delicacy for your family today and shock them with your deft innovation & cleverness!
Whiskey Sour Recipe
Alcohol, citrus and sugar – amalgamate flawlessly in the Whiskey Sour! Put in a twirl to any one of the three components, and you have your very own, personal spin on the classic!
10. Extract the best out of every dram! Learn the correct ways to relish whisky & never let any drop of it escape your palate ever again!
THE CORRECT WAY TO DRINK AND ENJOY WHISKY
Do you and your buddies reminisce the good old days of hanging out in in Hong Kong’s whiskey bars before the lockdown confined you to your homes?
11. If you have wished for a whisky collection to claim for your own, here are some pointers to begin with:
Thinking About Starting Your Own Whisky Collection?
If you are an aficionado who reveres the velvet texture of a stunning single malt, you may like to have a whisky collection of your own, perhaps a Scotch collection, or a Japanese one. Contrary to earlier times, you are just a call away, or an online whisky auction away, to taste and romance your favorite whiskies.
12. Japanese whiskies have carved a niche for themselves at the global level. As you have all the spare time at your disposal now, feel free to indulge in some Hakushu or Yamazaki, globally recognized whiskies of Japanese origin.
Best Japanese Whiskies to Drink Right Now
Less than a 100-years old and having just a few distilleries, Japanese whisky has progressed and blossomed at an exceedingly fast pace, developed its own inimitable style and has earned fabulous accolades as well. Japanese whisky has been manufactured for practically a century now; however, it was only when the Yamazaki Single Malt Sherry Cask 2013 took home the label of World’s Best Whiskey in 2015, that Japanese Whisky was put in the spotlight!